Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Tale of Atterberry - New release!

Title: The Tale of Atterberry (The Faire Pendant - Book1)
Author: Leah Price
You can find this book here: Amazon (Kindle Edition), Amazon (Paperback), Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.

Author's description:

Glenna’s life is anything but ordinary. The daughter of Renaissance festival vendors, Glenna’s days are filled with magic and medieval reenactments as she travels the faire circuit with her family.
Then one day, Glenna’s life changes forever. With the help of a pendant, she discovers Otherworld. An enchanted realm, Otherworld is the land in which all of the myths and magic woven by the Renaissance players comes to life!

Suddenly, Glenna is thrust into a quest filled with danger and deception when Atterberry, a great and powerful magician in Otherworld, needs help recovering a stolen item.

Can Glenna find the item in time? Can she summon the courage to become the medieval hero the residents of Otherworld expect her to be? And perhaps most importantly, can she juggle both her life in the real world and her life in Otherworld without damaging either?

Exclusive:

A lifelong lover of fantasy, Leah Price has spent years dreaming of other worlds and distant places. After traveling and studying abroad, she decided to write the story she always wanted to read. "The Faire Pendant" is a series of books dedicated to the child who lives in a world of imagination and wonder, who dreams of magic, and who longs for adventure. 
Leah price has just released the first book in the series, "The Tale of Atterberry", and with this occasion, she agreed to answer a few questions:

1. What inspired you to write "The Tale of Atterberry"?
I've always loved the fantasy genre and when the idea came to me to write about a girl who lives at Renaissance festivals, things started snowballing from there. Suddenly, I saw her having the ability to travel to a place where the people are the characters they play. Otherworld became a place I could see clearly in my mind. I knew the trails and buildings of the land, the people and creatures, such as Atterberry. I think many pieces of Otherworld are bits of my childhood re-imagined.

2. Who should read this book and why will they enjoy it?
I wrote it for children. I wanted to give them a land of imagination and adventure. A dreamy place to visit. But I have to say, when I imagine my book being read, it's a story parents and children read together. I want "The Tale of Atterberry" to be something they share and enjoy.

3. What made you want to become a writer?
I've always been a storyteller and it was a natural progression to writing. While recovering after a horseback riding accident, I began writing and haven't looked back. The "Tale of Atterberry" is actually the first of many in a series.

Thank you, Leah Price! I can't wait to discover your fantasy world!

No comments:

Post a Comment